The API reference pages are split into two main sections:
- Object definitions - Detailed specification of available objects
- Service definitions - Specification of the available REST services
See the Rest API object definitions reference page to view descriptions of the objects used in API requests.
ClearML's REST API provides the following services:
- Authentication - Authentication management, authorization and administration for the entire system.
- Debug - Debugging utilities.
- Projects - Support for defining Projects containing Tasks, Models and Dataset Versions.
- Queues - Queue management API (see Workers Service).
- Workers - API for worker machines to report status and retrieve tasks for execution.
- Events - Event (e.g. metrics, debug samples) reporting and retrieval API.
- Models - Model management API.
- Tasks - Task Management API.
An API request is formatted in the following way:
base_url is the
api_server configured in your
clearml.conf file (e.g.
https://api.clear.ml) and the
endpoint is as specified for the available services. The content-type is
Requests need to be authenticated with a bearer token that identifies the workspace that you want to work with.
An initial request of
GET /auth.login, using the basic authorization scheme generates this token to be used with all
subsequent API requests. The authorization header contains
Basic <credentials> where
base64("<key>:<secret>") using ClearML credentials (access key and secret key).
This call will return the token. By default, the token expires in 30 days. Generate a token with a shorter expiration
time by specifying the
expiration_sec field (as a query parameter or as a JSON payload).