In this tutorial, you will set up a tracking leaderboard. A tracking leaderboard allows easy monitoring of experiments using a customized experiments table with auto refresh for continual updates.
The tracking leaderboard can be customized to include columns with information about:
- Experiment status
- Elapsed time since the experiment started and last updated
- Most recent iteration
- And more.
Bookmark the leaderboard in the browser to reuse and share the leaderboard URL with other users.
For this tutorial, use one of the following as a project:
- Recommended: One of your projects with more than one experiment.
- Clone the clearml repository and execute some of the example scripts.
Step 1: Select a Project
The leaderboard will track experiments in one or all projects.
Begin by opening the ClearML Web UI and selecting a project, by doing one of the following:
- On the Dashboard, click a project card or VIEW ALL.
- On the Projects page, click a project card or the All projects card.
Step 2: Filter the Experiments
The experiments table allows filtering experiments by experiment name, type, and status.
Apply any combination of the following filters:
Name - Use the search bar to find experiments containing any search term.
Type - Click the TYPE column's filter and then on the list select any of the following:
- Data Processing
- And others, depending on the types of tasks in the project
Status - Click the STATUS column's filter and then on the list select any of the following:
- Draft - The experiment is not running.
- Pending - The experiment is in a queue waiting to be run by a worker.
- Running - The experiment is currently running by a worker.
- Completed - The experiment ran and terminated successfully.
- Failed - The experiment ran and terminated with an error.
- Aborted - The experiment ran and was manually or programmatically terminated.
- Published - The experiment is not running, it is preserved as read-only.
Step 3: Hide the Default Columns
Customize the columns on the tracking leaderboard by hiding any of the default columns shown below.
To select the defaults, do the following:
Select / clear any combination of the default columns from the following:
- TYPE - The type of experiment: training, testing, or other, depending on the types of experiments in the project.
- NAME - The name of the experiment.
- STATUS - The status of the experiment.
- PROJECT - The project name.
- USER - The user creating or running the experiment.
- STARTED - The elapsed time since the experiment started running.
- UPDATED - The elapsed time since the experiment update.
- ITERATION - The last iteration of the experiment. For experiments with a status of Running, this is the most recent iteration. For Completed, Aborted, and Failed experiments, this is the final iteration.
Step 4: Show Metrics or Hyperparameters
The leaderboard can contain any combination of metrics and hyperparameters. For each metric, choose whether to view the last (most recent), minimum, and/or maximum values.
To select metrics or hyperparameters:
- Click settings.
- For metrics, click + METRIC, expand a metric category, and then select the metric checkboxes of those to show in the leaderboard, and select the metric values (min / max / last).
- For hyperparameters, click + HYPERPARAMETERS, and then select the hyperparameter checkboxes of those to show in the leaderboard.
Step 5: Enable Auto Refresh
Auto refresh allows monitoring the progress of experiments in real time. It is enabled by default.
To enable / disable auto refresh:
- Hover over refresh and then check / uncheck the Auto Refresh checkbox.
Step 6: Save the Tracking Leaderboard
The URL for ClearML Web UI now contains parameters and values for the customized leaderboard. Bookmark it to be able to return to the leaderboard and monitor the experiments.
Share the leaderboard with another user by copying and sharing the URL.