This documentation page applies to deploying your own open source ClearML Server. It does not apply to ClearML Hosted Service users.
Deployment of ClearML Server on AWS is easily performed using AWS AMIs, which are available in the AWS Marketplace catalog and in the AWS community AMI catalog.
AWS Marketplace ClearML Server is coming soon - Preconfigured with unique initial access credentials. Until it arrives, use AWS Marketplace Trains Server with the instructions on the page.
ClearML Server community AMIs - Configured by default without authentication to allow quick access and onboarding.
After deploying either type of AMI, configure the ClearML Server instance to provide the authentication scheme that best matches the workflow.
For information about upgrading a ClearML Server in an AWS instance, see here.
If ClearML Server is being reinstalled, we recommend clearing browser cookies for ClearML Server. For example, for Firefox, go to Developer Tools > Storage > Cookies, and for Chrome, go to Developer Tools > Application > Cookies, and delete all cookies under the ClearML Server URL.
By default, ClearML Server deploys as an open network. To restrict ClearML Server access, follow the instructions in the Security page.
The minimum recommended amount of RAM is 8 GB. For example, a t3.large or t3a.large EC2 instance type would accommodate the recommended RAM size.
To launch a ClearML Server AWS community AMI:
Use one of the ClearML Server AWS community AMIs and see:
- The AWS Knowledge Center page, How do I launch an EC2 instance from a custom Amazon Machine Image (AMI)?
- Detailed instructions in the AWS Documentation for Launching an Instance Using the Launch Instance Wizard.
To launch a ClearML Server AWS Marketplace AMI through the AWS Marketplace website:
Open the AWS Marketplace for the Allegro AI ClearML Server.
In the heading area, click Continue to Subscribe.
On the Subscribe to software page, click Accept Terms, and then click Continue to Configuration.
On the Configure this software page, complete the following:
- In the Fulfillment Option list, select 64-bit (x86) Amazon Machine Image (AMI).
- In the Software Version list, select your ClearML Server version. For example, 0.13.0 (Mar 02, 2020).
- In the Region list, select your region.
- Click Continue to Launch.
On the Launch this software page, in the Choose Action list, select either of following options, and perform the steps for that option:
Launch through EC2:
- Click Launch.
- Follow the instructions on the How do I launch an EC2 instance from a custom Amazon Machine Image (AMI)? AWS documentation page.
Launch from Website:
- Select required settings: EC2 Instance Type, VPC Settings, Subnet Settings, Security Group Settings, and Key Pair Settings.
- Click Launch.
- On the Launch this software page, note your Instance ID. You can use it later to search for your instance in the EC2 Console.
Once deployed, ClearML Server exposes the following services:
- Web server on
TCP port 8080
- API server on
TCP port 8008
- File Server on
TCP port 8081
To locate ClearML Server address:
- Go to AWS EC2 Console.
- In the Details tab, Public DNS (IPv4) shows the ClearML Server address.
To access ClearML Server Web-App (UI):
- Direct browser to its web server URL:
To SSH into ClearML Server:
- Log into the AWS AMI using the default username
ec2-user. Control the SSH credentials from the AWS management console.
To log in to the ClearML Web-App (UI):
If ClearML Server was launched from an AWS Community AMI, enter any name.
If ClearML Server was launched through the AWS Marketplace, enter the preconfigured default login credentials, which are:
- clearml-user (the default username).
- The ClearML Server EC2 instance ID (the default password).
If needed, modify the default login behavior to match workflow policy, see Configuring Web Login Authentication on the "Configuring Your Own ClearML Server" page.
The pre-built ClearML Server storage configuration is the following:
- File Server:
If data is being moved between a Trains Server and a ClearML Server installation, make sure to use the correct paths for backup and restore (/opt/trains and /opt/clearml respectively).
The commands in this section are examples for backing up and restoring data and configuration.
If data and configuration folders are in
/opt/clearml, then archive all data into
If data and configuration need to be restored:
- Verify you have the backup files.
- Replace any existing data with the backup data:sudo rm -fR /opt/clearml/data/* /opt/clearml/config/*sudo tar -xzf ~/clearml_backup_data.tgz -C /opt/clearml/datasudo tar -xzf ~/clearml_backup_config.tgz -C /opt/clearml/config
- Grant access to the data:sudo chown -R 1000:1000 /opt/clearml
The following sections contain lists of AMI Image IDs, per region, for each released ClearML Server version.
- eu-north-1 : ami-0d04eba79249d225b
- ap-south-1 : ami-01900399c17492874
- eu-west-3 : ami-0401f02712333a812
- eu-west-2 : ami-0504ebac43689749c
- eu-west-1 : ami-028729bbc6acdd57d
- ap-northeast-3 : ami-051819a5650f03a81
- ap-northeast-2 : ami-0b57b812e13b1e1f1
- ap-northeast-1 : ami-09a8d6225a9f4a67f
- sa-east-1 : ami-0af2b217ba744e4ce
- ca-central-1 : ami-05a6192e633b62110
- ap-southeast-1 : ami-01e402205687879df
- ap-southeast-2 : ami-01a03b2b23c9c806f
- eu-central-1 : ami-0d7892ca1b552741f
- us-east-2 : ami-023f7ce2124538a21
- us-west-1 : ami-06a00e3425351f83c
- us-west-2 : ami-0058ad8734dbc8ef8
- us-east-1 : ami-0f2b67aef5b95dc38